Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Curves Around the World: Animal Print



I was invited to take part in a blog series featuring curvy ladies from around the globe.  I would like to introduce you to a wonderful group of women who I will be blogging with on a week-to-week basis.


The theme for our very first week was Animal Print.  And I will be totally honest with you, I own very little animal print.  Actually, none of my clothing that fits is animal print.  EXCEPT for a single, long-line bra from Lane Bryant.  I am sure many of you remember going gaga for it when it first came out a couple years ago.  I snatched mine up on Ebay last spring.


I've actually worn this underwear-as-outerwear out before.  There is a photo of me somewhere on the internet featuring this bra, a long maxi skirt, but sans shrug at Toronto's Gay Pride last year.  I, unfortunately, was not able to re create that exact look as it is not hot June weather nor is today an extraordinarily outrageous occasion.  This time I am wearing the bra with a skirt that I picked up at a plus-sized swap in February and a long-sleeved shrug from City Chic.


As you may have noticed, my hair is still purple, but it is fading fast.  I am trying to give it a break before it gets bleached back blonde so I have been repping the sock bun as often as possible.  Do I ever love the sock bun.


And finally, possibly my favorite part of my outfit: the shoes.  I picked these up at F21 a month or so ago when I went shopping with Crystal.  They are clear jelly and studs -- hello, two of my favorite shoe-things!

7 comments:

  1. Love the outfit. You rock purple hair girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First omg your look awesome! I super love that bralet, I've been searching for something similar. I found one this past weekend but it only ran up to an XL and it didn't fit me. :( But I seriously love yours and you styled it great! Btw I was looking at those same flats at forever 21 this past weekend too. hehe

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooo woooo!! Sexy girl!! I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bra/top is amazing. Ill have to look for one from ebay ... really gotta have it. You're Very cute and sexy ofcoz ... love your hair and makeup too :)

    http://thickfitandfabulous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a stand-out piece! You look a-m-a-z-i-n-g!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one thing I love about this bra is that the straps are connected in the back toward the clasps so I don't have my bra straps slipping down my arms -- ever! It may not be as racy and va-va-voom as Victoria Secret bras, but everything stays where you put it. I would definitely recommend using http://www.apparelnbags.com/just-my-size/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not my purpose to get into a religious discussion here, I only site the on top of because it tends to illustrate my earlier point of a gay lobby and a strong "gay agenda.

    ReplyDelete